Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Pregnancy: Week 9/10

When I looked back on pregnancy with Landree, I realized how much I didn't document. I was so busy being sick that I missed these small moments. Our family is so far away so this is the perfect way to document this amazing journey.

Sweet baby, I am so nervous this week. If all goes well at the appointment, I'm documenting this at 10 weeks and 5 days. I feel completely different this time around, but with enough signs that I'm pretty sure that everything is progressing. 

My morning sickness hasn't been near as bad this time. It actually scared me because after you have one pregnancy, you compare everything to that. Wrong! Although I've had some, it's been more of just straight nausea and not wanting to eat. We found out yesterday, the baby apparently doesn't like a mixture of the Reidsville Christian coffee time special of cake and orange juice! Coffee? Outta the question. Nasty! 

Sweets actually haven't been that appealing to me. While I've eaten some, it hasn't been a craving in the least. With Landree I didn't want anything to do with ANY vegetable for about the first 15 weeks, but this time it actually sounds good. And cold meals... yep I'm weirdo.

Energy has been lacking, but that's ok. I've given myself grace and at least laid down when Landree does. She has been absolutely amazing and even calling me the "best mommy ever" even when I felt like I was really slacking. Erick, is out of the world amazing. While he is drowning in the amount of work they have right now, he has been so amazing making sure to pick up the slack where I know it's been. She got to experience a true "little" baby this week when we got to meet sweet Kallie for the first time. She was amazed!

Workouts... what are they? Early on in pregnancy, I did two workouts, both of which resulted in heavy spotting so, that came to an end. I'm hoping at my appointment tomorrow they give me the go ahead to even do yoga or something... or it's going to be a long long long 6 months.

Not going to lie, I'm terrified. Absolutely positively terrified. Tomorrow (10/24) we go for our appointment that basically clears us through the first trimester. This was the appointment where we found out Peanut wasn't going to make it. I can't believe it's been 5 months since we heard those words. All I can do is lean on our faith and let Erick be strong for me. I pray when we walk out of those doors it's a smile and we can finally announce, our rainbow is on the way.

Update on appointment: Diagnosed with PTSD. Boo. The doctor couldn't get over what a different person I actually was and what a ball of stress (to put the words kindly) I had turned into since the miscarriage. I actually was thankful for that diagnosis that I wasn't completely out of my mind. I got my C Section date already scheduled. WAHOOO!!! I also got put on a baby aspirin to hopefully keep the blood pressure at bay. At the end, she offered to let me hear the heartbeat on Doppler. She did warn me though it's often hard to find at that age and don't be nervous if I didn't. She also offered for me to decline... Erick said we need to try. Two seconds in... bam. I laughed... I cried. God is so good.

Many asked why we stayed so quiet about it... fear. A few of our prayer warriors have known because honestly... I needed them! But, otherwise we have stayed quiet because although I know God is good, I didn't want to jinx it. Please... just keep us wrapped in prayer filled love!




No comments:

Post a Comment